It seems that each year we get better about tracking our results so that we may better advise our clients in the future. We track the effectiveness of each sourcing medium, they types of physicians we are placing, where we’re placing them and everything else we feel will give our clients an advantage. The following is a high-level outline of some of the things we saw last year:
- Signing bonuses were offered to 85% of the candidates we placed last year.
- Average signing bonus amounts increased from $21,117 in 2011 to $24,037 in 2012.
- 80% of 2012 placements entailed candidate relocation.
- Relocation allowances edged down slightly from $12,306 to $10,719 in 2012.
- Nearly 37% of candidates placed were primary care physicians.
- The percentage of in-practice physicians recruited reached a three-year high, with 66% of placements involving practicing physicians, and 34% of placements were candidates coming out of training. In 2011 the ratio was 60/40.
Lot’s of data, but that’s not all we track… not by a long shot! The attached file will give more insight into the profiles of the communities in which we’re making placements, they types of candidates we’re placing, etc.
After reviewing all of that data and more, we try to lay out a clear and comprehensive plan with our clients that will put them in the best possible position to be successful. At the end of the day, successfully recruiting physicians is a difficult task, regardless of whether you have a game plan or not! Hopefully this information helps some of you to devise a successful strategy for your recruitment projects in 2013. If we can be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.