Apply & Register
Chief - General IM Division
NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SCHOOL OF MEDICINE - MIDWEST
CHIEF, GENERAL INTERNAL MEDICINE, NEEDED!
Join this expanding Division of General Internal Medicine as they capitalize on the growth of both the School of Medicine and the region. The population center of the entire state, this excellent leadership position offers exciting opportunities to lead, mentor, teach, and facilitate cutting edge research. Highlights include:
- 3rd largest private medical school in the country! $154M in grant awards employing nearly 4,500 faculty. This institution trains more residents, fellows, and medical students than any other institution in the state.
- Dynamic Department of Medicine and Division of Internal Medicine, led by an energetic, accomplished Chair with a big vision for clinical growth, research, and dedication to teaching.
- Excellent residency program training 42 Internal Medicine residents.
- Lead this group of dynamic, well-trained faculty of 17 FTE MD’s, 6 APP’s, 3 AA’s, and a coordinator.
- Continue developing the specific individual programs within the division, including:
- Enhanced Care Program
- Executive Health Program
- HHT Program
- Hospitalist Discharge Program
- IM Resident’s Clinic
- General IM Faculty Practice Clinic.
- The Primary Care Section within GIM
- This SOM & Medicine Department is in an excellent financial position. The institution enjoys being in one of the best reimbursement regions of the entire United States. Considerable investments are being made into the Department and the entire SOM.
- Attractive financial package with an excellent base salary, comprehensive benefits, retirement ,etc.
The desired candidate will be an accomplished academic internist with both a passion for research/teaching and the entrepreneurial spirit & ability to execute on the clinical expansion plans for the division. Excellent research opportunities are available, and a variety of interests can be explored in Population Health & in their Center for Advancing Population Science (CAPS).
Reference: EXEC 8498