Apply & Register
Chief Medical Officer - PA
CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER
400-bed Level II Trauma Center
The Medicus Firm is proud to conduct a national search for Chief Medical Officer for a 400+ bed Level II Trauma Center located in a scenic “twin cities” setting serving nearly 600,000 residents in the Mid-Atlantic region.
The flagship acute care hospital of a 6-hospital regional health system is seeking an innovative, strategic, operational and transformational physician executive to provide leadership in all aspects of medical staff affairs for the hospital with an emphasis on creating a high reliability culture of quality, patient safety, evidence-based medicine and valued based clinical care. The goal of the Chief Medical Officer role is to optimize the quality of care through outcomes measurement, data analytics and performance improvement processes.
The Chief Medical Officer will report directly to the hospital’s Chief Executive Officer and will serve as the liaison to the hospital’s executive team on matters pertaining to seven (7) key areas:
- Quality, Patient Safety and Patient Experience: Leads performance on all clinical quality, patient safety, and patient experience metrics and establishes and oversees regulatory preparedness and effective resource utilization across all hospital clinical departments.
- Medical Staff Governance, Outreach and Engagement: Serves as the executive liaison between the hospital’s medical staff and the administrative team and oversees all matters of medical staff and provider delivery of care, medical staff affairs, patient safety, liability risk, and case management and promotes physician engagement/alignment among the medical staff.
- Streamlining Clinical Processes: Champions evidence-based medicine best practices and promotes value-based care, with incorporation of technology in decision support, clinical documentation and other initiatives to advance diagnosis and delivery of care.
- Partnering with Nursing, Case Management and Quality Leadership: Provides seamless clinical leadership for the hospital in a multidisciplinary model to advance clinical care.
- Service Line Oversight: Leads clinical operations and programmatic growth and development in the hospital’s key service lines in Orthopedics, Cardiology, Oncology, and Neuroscience.
- Employed Physician/Provider Network: Oversees clinical operations, provider recruitment and retention, quality and patient safety programs, strategic planning and budgetary oversight of the practices.
- Provider and Physician Contracting: Develops, negotiates and oversees clinician contracting with special focus on quality and clinical performance metrics.
Chief Medical Officer Qualifications:
- Board certified MD or DO.
- Current medical license in good standing.
- MBA, MHA or similar advanced business/management education preferred.
- Excellent clinician with a minimum of 5 years of clinical practice.
- 5 plus years of acute care hospital management/leadership experience.
- Expertise/accomplishments in and knowledge of evidence-based medicine, quality improvement methodology and CMS value-based purchasing metrics.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in creating a high reliability "culture of safety" in the organization as well as success in engaging and partnering with clinicians.
- Strong, engaging communications style and the leadership ability to connect with colleagues and influence physician behavior, driving quality outcomes and initiatives for the hospital.
Reference: EXEC 8522