This job is no longer active» View all active Rheumatology jobs
Rheumatologist at U of MN
The Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases at the University of Minnesota is seeking a full time board certified/eligible Rheumatologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank on the master clinician track
About the Appointment:
• This position includes clinical duties working in the MHealth Fairview Clinics and Surgery Center located on the East Bank of the University of Minnesota Medical campus, that opened in 2016. The five-floor facility houses 37 adult medical specialties, an ambulatory surgery and procedure center with 10 operating rooms and 6 procedure rooms, retail pharmacy, imaging services, including interventional radiology and mammography, and 171 spacious exam rooms.
• Will also cover inpatient consultative services at the University of Minnesota Medical Center (UMMC) located in Minneapolis.
• Additional responsibilities will include participation in the teaching of medical students, residents, and fellows, clinical practice through MPhysicians, and participation in service activities on behalf of the department, the medical school, and your profession.
• The position will require supervising, mentoring and teaching medical students, residents and fellows along with other curriculum development responsibilities.
• The successful candidate will participate in research projects and other academic/scholarly activities either as a collaborator or independent researcher and participate in faculty development activities tailored to the candidate's career interests and goals.
• Academic time will be used to pursue scholarly work in the candidate’s area of specialty/research experience with a goal of developing collaborative or independent, externally funded research.
• Faculty will be active in their national organizations and foster an academic environment for medical students, residents and faculty.
About the Division: The Division of Rheumatic and Autoimmune Diseases seeks the cure for a diverse group of immunological and inflammatory diseases that affect a wide range of organ systems. Although the cause of many of these illnesses is unknown, many share some form of immunopathology that leads to uncontrolled inflammation, pain, disability, and often tissue destruction. Ongoing basic, translational, and clinical research in this division is leading to an even greater understanding of systemic autoimmunity that leads to rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, scleroderma, systemic lupus erythematosus, Sjogren's syndrome and polymyositis/dermatoymyositis, as well as select tissue-specific autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis and diabetes mellitus. Clinicians in this Division are also available for inpatient and outpatient Rheumatology Consultation at the University of Minnesota Medical Center-Fairview, Fairview Maple Grove sites. Finally, educators in this Division are training the next generation of biomedical researchers, rheumatology practitioners, and professors, to meet the growing health care needs of the 21st century.
• Graduate of an accredited ACGME internal medicine residency and rheumatology fellowship training program.
• Board-certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine and board eligible/certified in rheumatology
• Licensed or ability to obtain the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure.
• Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
• Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
• Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff.
• Understands and places importance on patient care/service.
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Education focused and a creative problem-solver
Reference: RHU 15183
- Profession: Physician
- Ref Number: RHU 15183
- Location/State:Minneapolis, Minnesota