Quick Apply Register & Apply
Academic Ortho Hand- FL
Academic Orthopaedic Hand Surgery in Florida
Outstanding Academic opportunity to join the faculty at the state’s largest and oldest University and one of the Top 5 Public Universities and #43 Ranked Medical School.
Due to impending retirement, the Hand and Upper Extremity Division is searching for a new faculty member. Join 5 Fellowship Trained Hand Surgeons and 2 Upper Extremity surgeons in state-of-the-art facilities. Research and Education are a strength of the Division with 5 of the faculty having been awarded multiple times as Educator of the Year. The incoming surgeon should be education driven with a passion for practicing compassionate quality medicine. You can look forward to:
- Competitive compensation with bonus and comprehensive academic benefit package
- Chief of Hand Surgery is Director of Musculoskeletal Research Center, preference for Scholarly focused Surgeons
- No turnover in Orthopaedic Hand Division for over 25 years
- 2 call days per month with Fellows and Residents taking first call
- Plastic Surgery takes ER replants
- Work/Life Balance 43 Days of PTO
- Faculty Clinics operate with dedicated Fellow/Resident, PA and Scribe
- Medical School is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive faculty
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Visa Sponsorship Available
Gainesville is the “Top Ranked City to Live in Florida” and offers big city attractions with a small-town feel. The University and medical community provide the diversity and amenities that are not found in cities of this size.
- “Top 10 College Town” “Best Place to Live” and “Best Place to Retire” accolades with a world-class research institution with outstanding academic programs and competitive Division 1 Athletics
- Multiple and affordable living options to suit your lifestyle
- An array of theatres, museums, restaurants and cultural events
- Centrally located within a short drive to all of Florida’s attractions
- No State Income Tax!
Reference: OHS 20810