Quick Apply Register & Apply
CRNA - University of Arkansas
Nationally Recognized Teaching Hospital is Seeking:
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
The University of Arkansas has multiple openings for CRNAs to join a vibrant, growing team.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
UAMS Offers Fantastic Benefits and Perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental, and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation, and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Clinical responsibilities of the CRNA are delineated by their clinical privileges and may include:
- Perform and document the pre-anesthesia assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Review, request, and order (as permitted by state law), laboratory/diagnostic studies.
- Obtain informed consent for anesthesia and related services.
- Select, obtain, order, and administer preanesthetic medication or treatment.
- Develop and implement an anesthesia care plan.
- Select, obtain, prepare, and use equipment, invasive and non-invasive monitors, supplies, and drugs for administering sedation, anesthesia, and pain management services; perform safety checks as needed.
- Select, order, obtain, and administer analgesic and anesthetic agents, adjuvant drugs, accessory drugs, fluids, or blood products necessary to provide anesthesia services.
- Perform all aspects of airway management, including fiberoptic intubation.
- Facilitate emergence and recovery from anesthesia by evaluating patient response, and selecting, ordering, administering medications, fluids, and ventilator support to maintain patient stability during transfer.
- Initiate and administer post-anesthesia pharmacological or fluid support of the cardiovascular system.
- Initiate and administer respiratory support to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation in the post-anesthesia period.
- Evaluate the patient's response to anesthesia and surgery; take appropriate corrective action during post-anesthesia.
- Provide post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Discharge the patient from the post-anesthesia care unit.
- Implement acute and chronic pain management modalities.
- Manage emergency situations by assessing, stabilizing, and determining the disposition of patients, including providing airway management, administering emergency drugs and fluids, and using basic and advanced cardiac life support techniques.
- Participates in required educational programs.
- Participates in monthly departmental meetings.
- Seeks ongoing professional educational growth.
- Maintains current licensure requirements for CRNA
About the Community
Little Rock is a pleasantly surprising place to live, having all of the benefits of a large city with a small town feel. The people are friendly, and there are plenty of things to do. It offers affordable housing and gorgeous scenery that spreads as far as the eye can see. In 2022, Zippia named Arkansas the #4 Best State for Medical Doctors to Live and Work.
Reference #: CRNA 21536