Quick Apply Register & Apply
Maternal Fetal Med Houston
Full-Time and Part-Time Positions Available
- Be part of the MFMU Network with cutting edge research and advancing the practice of maternal fetal medicine
- Internationally Recognized MFM Specialists providing care to a large and diverse patient population
- Supervise and train our future MFM physicians
- Customize your schedule based on your desired work/life balance!
- Competitive academic pay & exceptional benefits package
4th Largest City in the Nation
- Nationally recognized public and private schools
- World-class dining, burgeoning arts scene, culture, sports, and incredible boutique shopping at your fingertips
- Large international airport only minutes away
- A Top Place to Live in America by U.S. News & World Report
- Wide variety of real estate and an affordable cost of living!
The McGovern Medical School at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), a leading academic health center, is seeking a Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician to join the MFM Division within the Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences. This position is open rank, tenure eligible or ineligible and open to full-time, part-time or per diem candidates. The selected candidate will contribute to the department’s mission to educate health science professionals, discover and translate advances in the biomedical and social sciences, and model the best practices in clinical care and public health through research, teaching, clinical service and administrative activities.
The MFM Division provides support and coverage for the Memorial Hermann Hospital System (8 hospitals, with upwards of 25,000 births). Providing care to a large and diverse population, the faculty is able to customize their schedule, with the aim of addressing work-life balance for all members of the Division.
UTHealth has been part of the Eunice Kennedy Shriver NICHD Maternal-Fetal Medicine Units Network since 2001 and, as such, encourages fellows and faculty to conduct interventional trials. Our department offers full obstetrical services at Children’s Memorial Hermann Hospital-Texas Medical Center and Lyndon B. Johnson General Hospital with the Harris County Health District.
Clinical duties include participation in MFM outreach, prenatal diagnosis units, consultation, co-management with referring clinicians, and MFM private practice, if desired. Other duties include supervision and teaching of trainees, including but not limited to 48 residents and 12 MFM Fellows.
The selected Candidates must be BC/BE in OB/GYN, Fellowship trained in MFM, and eligible for a Texas medical license.
Qualified applicants must demonstrate a commitment to excellence, discovery and service, have potential to be outstanding in their field of expertise, and share an interest in fulfilling the common goals of McGovern Medical School at UTHealth.
The Academic Division at TMF has been exclusively retained to assist the McGovern School of Medicine with Faculty Recruitment.
Reference: MFM 6319